The last details …. The mirror is a piece of resin to which will open the hole where the mirror is located.
Once painted, with a strip of black decal marked the edge of the mirror and then paint the inside black.
I had to enlarge the front spoiler because the photoetching part that brought the kit was too short. I cut it in half and added four millimeters with a rest of the own photoetching part. The tricky thing of this work is to solder the three pieces completely aligned, but with a little practice with the solder iron, about 20 years or so, is easily achieved…
The windshield wipers are build with two pieces in very detailed photoetching. I gave the correct shape, soldered and added a 0,4mm pipe to the bracket of the wiper, which will join it to the chassis where I made a hole to help the placement of the wipers.
A little superglue and everything is in its place.
It’s almost ready, just need to mount the rear wing and make the antenna.
The kit has an acetate for the side windows and the windshield, and a decal for the windshield, but I prefer to do one with integrated tagline.
I just scan and retouch on the computer, and once I have a laser printer copies, I highlight with the airbrush white lettering. A light coat of varnish and voila, the ribs of the decal will not notice.
I’ve started the final mounting of this model placing some rivets from Top Studio…
And the light that was placed for the Le Mans race, to make visible the side numbers at night. I’ve build it placing tin on a sheet of brass of 0,1×0, 25, and giving shape with the file.