This are the images of the finished model… It’s been fun build this model.
These decals are very thick, so it is difficult to shape it into corners and crannies complicated, but fortunately not the case these brackets, so I used directly the photoengraved as a template to cut the decal.
So I have to repair it because I did not find the same wheels from another manufacturer for replacement.
I filled with Tamiya Putty the edges and, before it dries, I outlined with the tip of knife. Once dry I correct the shape with sandpaper, and filled again the defects with Putty diluted with acetone and applied with brush, sanding again.
For decoration, the kit brings the possibility of putting some red decals, but I decided to mask and paint the areas that will go in red and white, giving a very light coat of white primer first, then paint ZeroPaints for red, masking before the two white stripes.
I painted the push buttons with their corresponding colors by dry brush, and the central display. Matt varnish it and when dry add a drop of gloss varnish the push buttons to simulate its real brightness.
To the console, that is placed behind the wheel, I also add a piece of carbon fiber decal to the contour. With pieces of steel tube of 0.4 mm and 0.6 mm add the push buttons, since I eliminated those that brought for being out of scale.
The cockpit is a block with the simulated wiring, in which is inserted the control unit, seat and pedals. The detailed of the buttons and wiring is very poor, so the first thing I do is look for reference photos on the net and remove all simulated wiring, switches and connectors, which will be replaced with other more detailed.
After sanding the inside, I begin to put the carbon fiber in this case use a superfine Hobby Design (ref. HD04-0007) that matches the real car perfectly.
For square switches, I do some resin parts using the milling machine.
For connector I use the Top Studio TD23011 with reference for the control unit, and TD23049 for the others. I must thank SpotModel for helping me choose the right ones.
I make a small copper washers for the side connectors that inserted in a tube of 1.6 mm. to make the “bottles” where connectors are placed. And after a lot of patience to assemble all the push buttons and connectors, the harness is mounted on the seat …
Finding myself with a new and unpleasant surprise by mistake Le Mans Miniatures kit brings a four-point harness anchor, when the car was riding a six-point harness anchor, so I modified it so that we can get two new anchor points.
I put the link to a spectacular promotional video about the impressive Audi R10 2006 and his victory at Le Mans.
I love the images of stress faces of the engineers during repair in Boxes ….